IE 11 crash

Mike Oliver

May 19, 2017, 1:40:58 PM5/19/17
to PDFTron WebViewer
IE crashes when I try to load a *.pdf. Details:

I'm using the showcase:
https://www.pdftron.com/webviewer/showcase/

I go to Your Files, choose Open PDF and then select a very basic *.pdf file on my local machine.

OS: Win 10, IE version: 11.1198.14393.0IC

I don't have this problem in Chrome, Firefox, or Edge. Also, I don't have this problem if I choose Upload Your File, and thus converting the *.pdf to an *.xod file.

Converting files to *.xod all the time is not an option for us. Also, we need to support IE. Does this mean that PDFNET.JS (the part of the WebViewer that views PDF files natively) is not a viable solution for us? Please advise.

Mike Oliver

Justin Jung

May 19, 2017, 8:44:49 PM5/19/17
to PDFTron WebViewer
Unfortunately, we are having trouble reproducing the issue on our end.
Can you elaborate on how the browser is crashing? Is the browser hanging or restarts by itself? Do you see any error messages?
If you can also provide a video, that would be helpful for us to narrow down the root cause.

Justin Jung
Software Developer
PDFTron Systems Inc.

Mike Oliver

May 23, 2017, 11:33:53 AM5/23/17
to PDFTron WebViewer
Justin,

See attached video. I'm using your Getting Started PDF file. You can see the crash in the video (Internet Explorer has stopped working). I don't see any error message - just the hard crash of the browser.

Thanks,

Mike Oliver
2017-05-22_14-27-56.mp4

Justin Jung

May 25, 2017, 3:02:53 PM5/25/17
to PDFTron WebViewer
Hello Mike,

Thanks for the video. We have not seen it crash like that before in IE.
We tried testing on same IE version, but we weren't able to reproduce it.
Can you open the task manager to see what the memory usage looks like before it crashes?
Also, can you try opening the developer tools before the browser crashes to see if there is any error message?