Unable to get property 'DisplayModes' of undefined or null reference in IE

Divin Paul

Jul 26, 2016, 1:14:39 PM7/26/16
to PDFTron WebViewer
We use PDFTron Webviewer (version: '2.2.0') in our application to view PDF in browser. It works perfectly fine in chrome and firefox.

However we are facing the below issue in IE browser versions (Tested in 10 and 11).

'Unable to get property 'DisplayModes' of undefined or null reference'

Interestingly, we get the issue only we try to display a form with annotations (form data responses) present in it.

When this happens, 'this.contentWindow.CoreControls.DisplayModes' in _createHTML5 function in WebViewer.js throws the error as CoreControls object itself is undefined.

Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks in Advance.

Matt Parizeau

Jul 27, 2016, 5:04:22 PM7/27/16
to PDFTron WebViewer
Hi,

We're having trouble reproducing the issues in IE10/11. For example the WebViewer showcase seems to work fine for me in IE https://www.pdftron.com/webviewer/showcase/.

Could you provide a sample of the code that you're using to instantiate WebViewer or ideally a link to an example page on your server that has the error?

Thanks!

Matt Parizeau
Software Developer
PDFTron Systems Inc.