InDesign Forms

Volker Andres

Jun 2, 2017, 6:20:14 PM6/2/17
to PDFTron WebViewer
Hi

We create our PDFs with InDesign and work out the forms there. When it is converted to PDF the form fields get a more or less random name. Each time, we create a new field some parts of the name stay the same and some parts change. This leads of course to a problem in the WebViewer, because the value of the fields can not be matched anymore, but I can see they are still existent in the XML.

Do you have any experience with this workflow or could you recommend a tool to automatically rename the fields in the PDF to e.g. an increasing number?

Best Regards

Justin Jung

Jun 5, 2017, 7:47:55 PM6/5/17
to PDFTron WebViewer on behalf of Volker Andres
Hello,

We don't have experience with this workflow. But sounds like it would be a good idea to automatically rename the fields so that they are consistent when re-converted to PDF

Justin Jung
Software Developer
PDFTron Systems Inc.

Volker Andres

Jun 6, 2017, 11:49:15 AM6/6/17
to PDFTron WebViewer
Can you recommend a tool to automatically rename the fields in the PDF to e.g. an increasing number?

Justin Jung

Jun 7, 2017, 4:38:18 PM6/7/17
to PDFTron WebViewer on behalf of Volker Andres
There aren't any tools in particular that we recommend. You could always use PDFNet to modify field names.