textarea cannot be modified

Daniel Becker

Jul 17, 2017, 11:48:09 AM7/17/17
to PDFTron WebViewer
I am using PDFNet + WebViewer to render a PDF with multiple form elements. I am running into a problem with the multiline form elements that get rendered as textareas. Whenever I try to type into them, no changes get reflected. Input elements all work as expected, but I am not able to modify text areas at all. After debugging through, I see that the new text gets entered and then immediately restored back to its previous value. I added $("textarea").off() to my config file, and this no longer happens, but that causes other problems down the line. This is happening in Chrome and IE Is there a workaround for this problem? I can email you the document or a video showing the problem if necessary.

This is a time sensitive issue, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Daniel

Justin Jung

Jul 19, 2017, 11:52:31 AM7/19/17
to PDFTron WebViewer
Hello Daniel,

I believe it was a bug on our side. Here is a build that includes a fix:
http://www.pdftron.com/ID-zJWLuhTffd3c/WebViewer/WebViewer_3.0.1.61760.zip
Sorry about that!

Justin Jung
Software Developer