Printing does not work at all in IE 11

Give Us A Freaking Break

Jun 21, 2017, 12:11:29 PM6/21/17
to PDFTron WebViewer
Hello.

In your showcase, printing from IE11 does not work.
E.g. try on this page:
http://www.pdftron.com/webviewer/demo/viewer.html?d=../../xod/bcf-all_routes_map.xod&did=23

I get some irrelevant content printed.
I my case, when I test it locally, I get a single empty page.
I am currently trying to debug the code, but if you can find the reason faster than me and help me out it would be nice.

Note: there is a chance this is caused by a Windows update, so try updating Windows if you cannot reproduce the problem.

Thanks.

Give Us A Freaking Break

Jun 22, 2017, 11:52:56 AM6/22/17
to PDFTron WebViewer
It seems that this code:

canvas.toDataURL();

...returns a base64 code that is an empty page.
When rendering some annotations on the page I see a tiny bit of the annotations on the top of the page (when I examine the result of `canvas.toDataURL()`), but it looks clipped.
Probably I cannot fix that, since it seems coming form the minified code of the viewer. :(

Justin Jung

Jun 23, 2017, 3:22:57 PM6/23/17
to PDFTron WebViewer
Hello,

This is a known bug, introduced by Windows update in June 13, 2017.
You could refer to this link for further information. It links to an update that fixes the problem.

Justin Jung
Software Developer
PDFTron Systems Inc.

Give Us A Freaking Break