Switch Between PDF and XOD

Bill Powell

Sep 26, 2016, 8:46:39 PM9/26/16
to PDFTron WebViewer
Is it possible to load both PDFs and XODs in the same instance of a WebViewer?    I have larger, 1000-page documents converted to xod and smaller single-page pdfs.   I would like to display either one using LoadDocument into a single webViewer.

If this is not possible, is there any problem having two webviewer controls on a single page?   Is the memory footprint very large, for example?

Ryan - PDFNet Developer

Sep 29, 2016, 2:32:30 PM9/29/16
to PDFTron WebViewer
Yes, you can switch between the two modes.

You just need to create a new WebViewer instance in the desired mode, or, you could have two instances, and hide the one not used.

This is what we do here for example: https://www.pdftron.com/webviewer/showcase/