serious hebrew search/present/select issues with reverted chars & missing chars

Danny Mendel

Aug 2, 2016, 1:26:52 PM8/2/16
to PDFTron WebViewer
hi Matt,
i prepare a movie for you showing difference behavior
of viewer vs acrobat when it comes to
a. search an hebrew string
b. present the left blue "search result context" string
c. select of hebrew sentence on the viewer itself, missing selection of chars such as " or -
and offcourse the copy/paste shows reverted (& missing chars) pasted string.

link to see movie here

thanks
Danny

Matt Parizeau

Aug 3, 2016, 2:22:02 PM8/3/16
to PDFTron WebViewer
Hi Danny,

Thanks for the video. As you've seen, right to left searching and copying isn't currently supported in WebViewer as we haven't heard many requests for it from customers, so thanks for letting us know it's important to you. We may possibly try to look into it later this year.

As a workaround you could try the change suggested here https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/pdfnet-webviewer/9UK8ou3CuqE/MpMe47EhgCgJ

Matt Parizeau
Software Developer
PDFTron Systems Inc.

Danny Mendel

Aug 3, 2016, 7:53:04 PM8/3/16
to PDFTron WebViewer
hi Matt,
thanks for sharing your input,
however trying to revert direction is not a good solution, as
nromal hebrew typing involve usage of non-specific-unicode hebrew chars and also english and other languages.

i think supporting Bi-di/RTL is very much needed in many counties, not just Israel,
i would love to help you guys with QA & beta testing, if you feel your product should covers high percentage of audience such as RTL language users like me.

Many thanks

Ahmed Maher

Apr 2, 2019, 2:25:24 PM4/2/19
to PDFTron WebViewer
Hi All,

Still hebrew and arabic text searching and copying not support in webviewer?

Thanks,

Ahmed

Matt Parizeau

Apr 22, 2019, 2:10:28 PM4/22/19
to PDFTron WebViewer
Hi Ahmed,

There aren't any further developments on this for WebViewer.

Matt Parizeau
Software Developer
PDFTron Systems Inc.