Checkboxes not showing as checked after clicking Print

Brian Merrell

Mar 1, 2018, 12:42:05 PM3/1/18
to PDFTron WebViewer

I’ve been working on my upgrade to version 3 but I’m running into an issue with checkboxes not printing their state of being checked in both Edge and Firefox.  I was able to reproduce the issue going to the PDFTron site and checking boxes on this pdf

http://pdftron.com/webviewer/pdfnetjs/samples/custom-forms/index.html?doctype=pdf

Is there a known bug or case where printing a checkbox in version 3 of pdfnetjs webviewer

Note:  I couldn’t get IE to fully render that same PDF

http://pdftron.com/webviewer/pdfnetjs/samples/custom-forms/index.html?doctype=pdf

Matt Parizeau

Mar 2, 2018, 5:57:18 PM3/2/18
to PDFTron WebViewer
Hi Brian,

The printing of form fields in those browsers was not supported in WebViewer versions before 3.0 either. See this thread for a bit more information and possible solutions https://groups.google.com/d/msg/pdfnet-webviewer/b5EofxmnJaU/f2nh3jXXAAAJ. The reason that it works in Chrome is that for PDF documents we're able to take advantage of the built in Chrome PDF viewer to print the document.

As for the document not loading in IE we will investigate further and get back to you.

Matt Parizeau
Software Developer
PDFTron Systems Inc.

Matt Parizeau

Mar 8, 2018, 1:43:40 PM3/8/18
to PDFTron WebViewer
An update from correspondence over email:

1. This build fixes issues with recent bugs in IE where documents sometimes don't load http://www.pdftron.com/ID-zJWLuhTffd3c/WebViewer/WebViewer_3.1.0.64158.zip

2. WebViewer will support printing of form fields in the next release.

Matt Parizeau
Software Developer
PDFTron Systems Inc.