Documents are loading slow

Gowtham Lcs

Dec 8, 2016, 12:39:51 PM12/8/16
to PDFTron WebViewer
Hi,

When I am trying to load a document in Chrome/Firefox/IE, the process is slow. I have fixed this issue in Chrome by using pdfBackend:"pnacl". But for IE/Firefox browsers, this problem is not yet resolved. Can you provide me the exact solution?

Regards,
Gowtham C

Matt Parizeau

Dec 9, 2016, 2:21:39 PM12/9/16
to PDFTron WebViewer
Hi Gowtham,

It's expected that using PNaCl on Chrome will be faster than using Emscripten with IE or Firefox, however Emscripten should still be reasonably performant. Make sure you're using the lean version of PDFNetJS http://pdftron.com/downloads/PDFNetJSLean.zip and not the full version if you don't need to use all of the PDFNet functions.

Matt Parizeau
Software Developer
PDFTron Systems Inc.