Mobile Reader > Zoom Scroll > Pre-render quality and speed

Michael Lee

Oct 11, 2016, 7:54:32 PM10/11/16
to PDFTron WebViewer
Hi,

When zoomed-in and scrolling, our implementation is slower (~1sec on latest MacbookPro) and the interim-preview is a lesser quality than your demo https://www.pdftron.com/webviewer/showcase/

This makes reading a document once zoomed-on not favourable with our users.

Q. Can we do anything to improve the preview rendering, attached ?

Thanks

Mike
PDFTronZoom.JPG

Matt Parizeau

Oct 18, 2016, 9:40:57 PM10/18/16
to PDFTron WebViewer
Hi Mike,

Are you comparing the desktop viewer in the PDFTron showcase with the mobile viewer that you're using in your cordova app?

One way you can increase the quality of the preview is to increase the thumbnail size when converting to XOD. You can use the --thumbsize option for this when converting with DocPub.

Matt Parizeau
Software Developer
PDFTron Systems Inc.