iOS WkWebview Cordova > File error

mi...@stellarlibrary.com

Sep 13, 2017, 11:44:23 AM9/13/17
to PDFTron WebViewer
Re: https://loginlogic.com/pdftron/xod/SM-T713_T813_UM_EU_Marshmallow_Eng_Rev.1.0_160427.pdf

This XOD file loads once, but no subsequent XOD files load, triggering Chrome console view, attached.

This was duplicated in a bare bones iOS WkWebview Cordova WebViewer project, reading from the file-system without encryption.

We were going to list this with Apache Cordova, however deem it likely there could be an issue with this XOD, so would like to rule that out first.

Mike

debug.png

Justin Jung

Sep 13, 2017, 7:15:46 PM9/13/17
to PDFTron WebViewer
The xod file doesn't look like it has any issues.

Justin Jung
Software Developer
PDFTron Systems Inc.

mi...@stellarlibrary.com

Sep 18, 2017, 6:00:24 PM9/18/17
to PDFTron WebViewer
Thanks Justin,

This XOD loads with Cordova File via FileReader().readAsBinaryString() repeatedly without fault.

Re: CoreControls.PartRetrievers.LocalPartRetriever(oFileEntry)

We present the same Cordova File reference to your LocalPartRetriever() and get the fault after first load.

This PartRetriever works fine for most files, hence thinking this particular XOD was at fault.

Regards

Mike

On Thursday, September 14, 2017 at 11:15:46 AM UTC+12, Justin Jung wrote:
The xod file doesn't look like it has any issues.

Justin Jung
Software Developer
PDFTron Systems Inc.
Re: https://loginlogic.com/pdftron/xod/SM-T713_T813_UM_EU_Marshmallow_Eng_Rev.1.0_160427.pdf

This XOD file loads once, but no subsequent XOD files load, triggering Chrome console view, attached.

This was duplicated in a bare bones iOS WkWebview Cordova WebViewer project, reading from the file-system without encryption.

We were going to list this with Apache Cordova, however deem it likely there could be an issue with this XOD, so would like to rule that out first.

Mike

mi...@stellarlibrary.com

Sep 26, 2017, 1:56:22 PM9/26/17
to PDFTron WebViewer
Justin,

Can you please advise your likely schedule for this bug report, I'll check-in again then.

Regards

Mike

Matt Parizeau

Sep 27, 2017, 7:13:13 PM9/27/17
to PDFTron WebViewer
Hi Mike,

We had thought that you would be listing the bug report with Cordova, sorry for the misunderstanding. Would you be able to send us a sample Cordova project loading from the file system with LocalPartRetriever? I remember you sending something similar to support before but was having trouble finding it.

Thanks,

Matt Parizeau
Software Developer
PDFTron Systems Inc.

mi...@stellarlibrary.com

Nov 8, 2017, 12:01:03 PM11/8/17
to PDFTron WebViewer
Hi folks,

We don't have the resources to supply a full project for you immediately at this time [I barely have a moment to spare at the moment], however this bug is now increasing it's footprint in our app [more documents suffering from same behaviour stuck on loading].

It would be much appreciated if you can advance this request, it is now marked as an urgent bugfix on our job board.

Regards

Mike

Justin Jung

Nov 8, 2017, 7:19:29 PM11/8/17
to PDFTron WebViewer
From your previous message, you've mentioned a bare bones iOS WkWebview Cordova WebViewer project, reading from the file-system without encryption.
Would you be able to send that to us?

mi...@stellarlibrary.com

Nov 14, 2017, 11:47:47 AM11/14/17
to PDFTron WebViewer
Hi Justin,

I've sent Matt our bare-bones Cordova iOS project that exhibits the behaviour.

Whilst that project exhibits the error on load, other documents of ours exhibit the behaviour when navigating to explicit/particular pages in a document:

"TypeError: null is not an object (evaluating 'k.length') CoreControls.js:532:370"

Hope that helps

Mike