WebViewer not rastering PDF Documents in some versions of Internet Explorer 11 ?

prakhar jaiswal

May 27, 2016, 12:52:08 PM5/27/16
to PDFTron WebViewer
Hi,

It seems that the WebViewer is not rendering the PDF (seems to download though) on updated versions of IE 11 (PFA screenshot for exact versions against which we tested).

It can easily be replicated on sample pages as well.
 - Make sure IE 11 is updated to version range as I have shared in the screenshot.
 - Open IE 11 and goto https://www.pdftron.com/webviewer/showcase/ and try uploading a pdf to browser by going to 'your files' tab on the left
 - Or we can browse to https://www.pdftron.com/webviewer/demo/samples.html and select 'samples with' to PDF (selects XOD by default) and try opening any sample down below

The XOD formats does correct rendering on the specified versions of IE 11 but, PDF format files.

Off note: We also tested on third less updated version of IE (screenshot attached) which seems to be rendering the PDF formats correctly.

Any leads on what is going wrong with this?
version-IE where Webviewer loads PDF fine.png
IE 11 version which doesn't render 1.png
IE11 version that doesn't render PDF 2.JPG

Anatoly Kudrevatukh

May 27, 2016, 5:20:36 PM5/27/16
to PDFTron WebViewer
Hello,

Unfortunately I don't see described behavior with the latest version of IE installed on my PC (see attachment)

Could you include screenshots of console and the screen with incorrect behavior and PDF files you have used for testing?

Thanks

prakhar jaiswal

Jun 7, 2016, 12:27:43 PM6/7/16
to PDFTron WebViewer
Hi Antony,

Sharing the screenshots (PFA). Also shared screenshot for IE 9.
Please note that this problem is happening particularly for PDF files. You would explicitly need to choose PDF from the samples page on this url https://www.pdftron.com/webviewer/demo/samples.html
VirtualBox_IE9 - Win7_07_06_2016_17_41_04.png
IE11 not working.JPG

Matt Parizeau

Jun 10, 2016, 12:37:52 PM6/10/16
to PDFTron WebViewer
Hi Prakhar,

PDFNetJS only supports IE10 and up which is why IE9 isn't working for you. For the IE11 issue we're having trouble accessing a copy of IE11 with that version. We've tried the Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 VMs here https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/tools/vms/windows/ but they seem to be of earlier versions. Do you know where I could find a VM with that version of IE or if there's another way you know to access it.

Matt Parizeau
Software Developer
PDFTron Systems Inc.

Subin Varghese

Jun 15, 2016, 12:35:46 PM6/15/16
to PDFTron WebViewer
Hi,

We haven't been able to get a VM snapshot with a newer version of IE11 which has this problem. will try today as well on this.

Subin

Tref Gare

Oct 6, 2016, 9:30:55 PM10/6/16
to PDFTron WebViewer
VM which illustrates the issue has now been created and sent to PDFTron support

Versions of IE11 which we've identified so far that display the issue

11.0.9600.18426
11.0.9600.18439
11.0.9600.18376IS
11.0.9600.18230 :