WebViewer fails in Windows UWP app using WebView when I load local XOD file

Nicolai Henriksen

Sep 15, 2016, 12:28:51 PM9/15/16
to PDFTron WebViewer
I am building a Windows 10 UWP app.

I am using a Windows.UI.Xaml.Controls.WebView to show MobileReaderControl.html and I give it a xod document but it fails to load.

I have tried to follow the WinRT sample but my ScriptNotify handler is never called.

The URL I am loading into the WebView is
ms-appx-web:///Assets/WebViewer-2.2.1/lib/html5/MobileReaderControl.html?d=ms-appx-web:///Assets/WebViewer-2.2.1/GettingStarted.xod

As said, I would have expected the ScriptNotify handler was called to allow me to inject the xod using the WinRTPartRetriever.

In the iOS app I had to use the special iospart: pseudo protocol to trigger the callbacks but I have not been able to guess what triggers the web viewer to do the same on Windows.

Any hints?