Getting Start WebViewer Offline_mode

Francesco Perfetti

Apr 15, 2016, 12:53:17 PM4/15/16
to PDFTron WebViewer
Hi all guys,

I'm developing a javascript/HTML5 (by angular js) web app based on pdftron, I have to download many pdf files and prefetching it. I want use offline mode and indexedDB, is that the right way?
Is there something guide to getting start?

Thanks and have a good day.

Francesco.

Anatoly Kudrevatukh

Apr 15, 2016, 8:23:09 PM4/15/16
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com
Hello Francesco,
What problem are you trying to solve? Knowing what kind of app are you building and how users are going to use it will help us to give you a better advice.

Francesco Perfetti

Apr 21, 2016, 5:23:52 PM4/21/16
to PDFTron WebViewer
Hello Anatoly,

thanks for your reply, I have to develop a share document app, I found how could use offline mode, but I need some advice about three points:

1) How can use webservice to convert .doc and .pdf files to xod?(I need a javascript example and it there isn't on tutorial...why?^^ Javascript is most used)
2) PDFTron can download a zip?
3) Is there code example about cross origin problem when I make a get request to external server?

Thanks a lot and have a good day.

Francesco.

Anatoly Kudrevatukh

Apr 21, 2016, 5:45:56 PM4/21/16
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com
1) If you are talking about PWS Cloud conversion service (http://www.pdftron.com/pws/cloud/), then you can find REST API documentation here: http://api.pdftron.com/v2/docs/index.html

2) WebViewer doesn't support zip files. You would have to implement that yourself. Please note, XOD is already a ZIP compressed file and doesn't require additional compression.

3) Please see the following links, as there are multiple approaches to handle the problem.
https://www.pdftron.com/webviewer/demo/samples/cors/index.html

Support

Apr 21, 2016, 5:58:05 PM4/21/16
to PDFTron WebViewer

3) There is no sample, since there are multiple approaches to handle this problem and most of them involve server component. You can learn more about ways to handle CORS problem here: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/pdfnet-webviewer/mtdZAC7mpc8/PbpvFbtSIfEJ