Issue displaying Layers from XOD files .

Dharmesh Patel

Nov 9, 2016, 1:59:24 PM11/9/16
to PDFTron WebViewer
Hi,
We use XOD files in the pdftron html5 webviewer . and when i use the sample code from Layers folder with XOD file it does not display the layer .
But if i change the initialDoc and documentType to pdf then is can see the layers .

Since we have implemented the viewer using XOD we would like to display the layers from the XOD file if possible
Please let me know how we can do this .
Thanks
Dharmesh Patel

Dharmesh Patel

Nov 9, 2016, 2:34:46 PM11/9/16
to PDFTron WebViewer
when i use the following parameter for the viewer in the Layers html sample code

initialDoc: "layers.xod",
 documentType: "xod",

I get this error in console .
Error: Error loading document: TypeError: doc.getLayersArray(...) is undefined

Matt Parizeau

Nov 10, 2016, 7:04:13 PM11/10/16
to PDFTron WebViewer
Hi Dharmesh,

Viewing of layers on a document is currently only supported for PDF documents. As you can see from the documentation the getLayersArray function is only for PDFs http://www.pdftron.com/webviewer/demo/lib/html5/doc/symbols/CoreControls.Document.html#getLayersArray

Matt Parizeau
Software Developer
PDFTron Systems Inc.