Code example to convert fils i xod format.

Francesco Perfetti

Apr 20, 2016, 12:21:37 PM4/20/16
to PDFTron PDFNet SDK
Hi guys,

I have to convert doc, pdf.. in xod, but I can't find examples about it (How can use pws????, pdftron documentatio is very very very disappointing).
Soomebody could post a code snippet pls?

Thanks and have a good day.

Francesco,.

Ryan

Apr 20, 2016, 7:08:10 PM4/20/16
to PDFTron PDFNet SDK
Hello Francesco,

We have quite a bit of documentation, but it can be difficult to find the right one. We are always looking to improve things, so if you have any suggestions feel free to email support at pdftron.com with the feedback.

To convert documents to to XOD using PWS, this site has the most important information.

Essentially your first choice is, do you want to convert on your own server, or using ours.

Assuming you want to use your own, then this site is what you want.

In your particular case you would download DocPub CLI
If you want to convert office documents, such as .DOC, .XLS then you would want to run DocPub on a Windows machine with MS Office installed.
Then just run the following command

docpub -f xod -o output_dir input_file

When you are ready to remove the watermark, you need to register, see the PWS link above.

If you want to use our servers for conversion, and maybe even document storage, then see the following.

Francesco Perfetti

Apr 21, 2016, 12:34:37 PM4/21/16
to PDFTron PDFNet SDK
Another question,

isn't there a javascript code snippet?

Francesco.

Francesco Perfetti

Apr 21, 2016, 12:34:37 PM4/21/16
to PDFTron PDFNet SDK
Hi,

thanks a lot for your reply, I'll follow your advice and I'll send email;).

Thanks.

Francesco.

Vivek Pulakkat

Apr 21, 2016, 12:34:46 PM4/21/16
to PDFTron PDFNet SDK
I am also having the same problem, i am using docpub and pdfnet in my linux webspace which is not converting. kidly provide some solution.

Ryan

Apr 21, 2016, 12:53:51 PM4/21/16
to PDFTron PDFNet SDK
For converting files to XOD, this is done server side, so typically no, there would not be any javascript involved (especially if you use DocPub CLI).

If you were to write javascript, it would be in relation to WebViewer (web hosted client side viewer), which is all HTML, javascript and CSS.

If you are stuck on something in particular please let me know, and I can advise further.

Ryan

Apr 21, 2016, 12:55:27 PM4/21/16
to PDFTron PDFNet SDK
Vivek,

This sounds like a separate issue. Please either start a new thread on this forum, or submit a ticket through our site. Please include as much information as possible.

Francesco Perfetti

Apr 22, 2016, 2:11:11 PM4/22/16
to PDFTron PDFNet SDK
Thanks Ryan,

I'm using webviewr, can you post some code snippet (javascript) pls?
In webviewer "tutorial" I can't see any javascript code.....and I have no more time to fix this problem.

Thanks.

Francesco.