Escaping or ignoring special characters in uploaded pdf

muraleek...@multunus.com

Aug 29, 2016, 5:17:54 PM8/29/16
to PDFTron PDFNet SDK
We have special characters in our PDF, which where causing WebViewer to ignore the fields with special characters in its field name (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/pdfnet-sdk/7jyjGGRjRR4/wujIQkX8BQAJ;context-place=forum/pdfnet-sdk). We circumvented the issue by escaping them in our server as webviewer failed to escape them.
class FormDataParser

def self.escape_single_quote(form_data)
    substitute
(form_data, '\'', ''')

end

def self.unescape_single_quote(form_data)
    substitute
(form_data, ''', '\'')

end

private

def self.substitute(form_data, pattern, replace)
    doc
= Nokogiri::HTML::DocumentFragment.parse(form_data, 'UTF-8')
    doc
.xpath('.//field').each do |field|
      field
.attributes['name'].value = field.attributes['name'].value.gsub(pattern, replace)

end
    doc
.xpath('.//widget').each do |widget|
      widget
.attributes['field'].value = widget.attributes['field'].value.gsub(pattern, replace)

end
    doc
.xpath('.//ffield').each do |ffield|
      ffield
.attributes['name'].value = ffield.attributes['name'].value.gsub(pattern, replace)

end
    doc

end
end

This solved problem with `\`, but double quotes `"` is still a conundrum. Please help