Convert a CMYK pdf to a RGB pdf and PDF page manipulation.

Support

Jan 30, 2012, 3:16:19 PM1/30/12
to pdfne...@googlegroups.com

Q: I have some questions:

Is it possible to convert a cmyk pdf to a rgb pdf with PDFNetSDK?

Could you give me an code example which we convert cmyk to rgb pdfs?

B:

Is it possible to trim the size of the PDF with PDFNetSDK?

Could we change the PDF page boxes?

(MediaBox, CropBox, BleedBox, TrimBox & ArtBox)

---------------------

You could use PDFNet SDK to convert CMYK to RGB / Gray PDF, however it is not as simple as calling a built-in function.

Btw. you can render PDF in CMYK color mode using 'pdftron.PDF.PDFDraw' and "ColorSpace" -> "CMYK" rendering hint (as shown in PDFDraw sample).

In case you need to preserve vector art, text,etc you could also use PDFNet to change color spaces and colorants associated with text, graphics, and images. As a starting point you may want to take a peek at ElementEdit sample: http://www.pdftron.com/pdfnet/samplecode.html#ElementEdit

For a possibly relevant discussions please see:

https://groups.google.com/d/topic/pdfnet-sdk/5nZbd8eRy5E/discussion

https://groups.google.com/d/topic/pdfnet-sdk/mPrh0amjTl8/discussion

https://groups.google.com/d/topic/pdfnet-sdk/t0xlC27i10Q/discussion

https://groups.google.com/d/topic/pdfnet-sdk/xeiA8RP8PSc/discussion

https://groups.google.com/d/topic/pdfnet-sdk/1clfUK5HJxg/discussion

https://groups.google.com/d/topic/pdfnet-sdk/OXqidXoZghQ/discussion

> Is it possible to trim the size of the PDF with PDFNetSDK?

> Could we change the PDF page boxes? (MediaBox, CropBox, BleedBox, TrimBox & ArtBox)

Yes, this should be very simple using

page.Get/SetMediaBox() Get/SetCropBox()

or a more general SetBox(type, rect)

As a starting sample, please RectTest sample:

  http://www.pdftron.com/pdfnet/samplecode.html#Rect