State Organizing

Andrea Miller

Apr 22, 2013, 2:47:33 PM4/22/13
to pda...@googlegroups.com
This Discussion thread is for people organizing at the state level for ERA. There is still time in Illinois to introduce legislation in both the House and the Senate.

Andrea Miller

Apr 25, 2013, 7:43:12 PM4/25/13
to pda...@googlegroups.com
Jeanne Dauray visited the Illinois House delegation last week (Republicans and Democrats). Excellent meeting with Robin Kelly, who replaced Jesse Jackson, Jr.

Sandy Oestreich

May 29, 2013, 11:10:38 PM5/29/13
to pda...@googlegroups.com

Wed., May 29, Sandy Oestreich, pres., says National ERA Alliance based in Florida has High Hopes of ratifying Florida and 4 major events planned for the first 2 wks in 2014 at the Florida capitol, Tallahassee !  Working together with our bill Sponsors, our 300 000 members and 3577 active ACTIVISTS and YOU, we WILL do this.

 WE NEED ALL THE PEOPLE FROM EVERYWHERE WHO CAN POSSIBLY STAND WITH US THERE TO URGE HEARINGS OF OUR ERA RATIFICATION BILL, FL HOUSE AND SENATE and our other 3 Electrifying, inspiring ACTIONS at the capitol!  Our home away from home in Tally is a fine Motel 6 for $40/nite!  Park there. Free shuttle takes you to capitol (in sight of Motel) and returns you whenever you want.  Some support funding available.  Write me asap for details:  San...@PassERA.org  and see what we are doing at www.2PassERA.org. See "ERA Explained" if you are new to the idea of ERA.  OR our "Talking Points" and "ERA for Women" with a list of What American women Miss Without an ERA, neither of which you'll find anywhere else.  Link up, for YOU need the ERA  and We NEED You--Politicians respond best to MASSES OF PROPONENTS better than anything else.  Let's create a Critical Mass in Tallahassee next March!

We are taking lists of folks, male and female, who want to Take Action for ERA, not just Talk about it--Anybody who endorses the idea of gender-equal treatment is warmly welcomed in our National ERA Alliance and Heartily Welcomed to Florida's capitol next early March during legislative session TO MAKE HISTORY as a participant in the First State Ratification of ERA in THIRTY YEARS!  Email me so we get to know each other:  SandyO@PassERA..org

Sandy Oestreich, Pres-Founder
Former elected official; Prof. Emerita, Adelphi U.,NY; Nurse Practitioner; Co-author, internationally distributed pharmacology reference text; bio'd in Feminists Who Changed America; 2012 Recipient, Susan B Anthony "Failure is Impossible" award; Wife and Mom

Courtney Cole

May 30, 2013, 11:07:57 AM5/30/13
to pda...@googlegroups.com
Great! I'm here in Missouri working to ratify the ERA.

Krystal Ransome

May 30, 2013, 8:33:19 PM5/30/13
to pda...@googlegroups.com
I'm willing to organize in South Carolina though I have no hope of South Carolina ratifying the ERA within the next year and a half given the political climate here in regards to women's issues (5 personhood bills, attempts to defund Planned Parenthood and tax abortion providers unnecessarily through state budget, reluctance to reform state sex ed program, etc.). It would be great to "organize, agitate, (and) educate" in the words of Susan B. Anthony.