Question: Computer History Recovery

Korwynn Brown

May 22, 2014, 11:26:42 AM5/22/14
to pc...@googlegroups.com
My laptop (running Windows 7) recently shut down from a low battery. I was working on some documents at the time, both in Microsoft Word and Notepad, and had a lot of unsaved data. While I was able to recover the Word files upon startup, I was unable to do the same for the notepad files. I checked around online, but everyone's been saying notepad is unrecoverable, but it occurred to me that there might be a roundabout solution. My question is; does the computer keep a detailed record of all of my activity? Is it detailed enough that I could potentially reconstruct the unsaved work based on that? And if so, how can I access said log?

A swift answer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

RBL

May 24, 2014, 6:48:21 PM5/24/14
to pc...@googlegroups.com

It depends on what version of Windows you're using and, if it supports file recovery, whether that feature was enabled. On Windows 7 and later, you can try to use file recovery. See http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/recover-lost-or-deleted-files

--
Via Note III. Visit RBLevin.org.