laptop loses saved wireless profiles

mark

Jun 16, 2014, 12:46:13 PM6/16/14
to pc...@googlegroups.com
For the second time in two months, my 3 month old Dell latitude laptop (win 7 professional 64 bit) loses its saved wireless profiles. I have to input the ssid password each tine I need to connect to a secure network. I've called Dell support and their first solution is to reinstall the OS- I have no inentions of doing that. The other fix they suggested is to go to C:\\ProgramData\Microsoft\Wlansvc\Profiles. Highlight profile folder and on the top options you'll see something that says ownership. Click on it and that would allow the profiles to be back on again. What would cause me to lose all the saved wireless profiles and what is the permanent fix?

Mark

rble...@gmail.com

Jun 18, 2014, 10:29:54 PM6/18/14
to pc...@googlegroups.com
Why wouldn't you reinstall the OS?

--
Anyone can do any amount of work provided it isn't the work he is supposed to be doing at the moment. - Robert Benchley

Rich Levin ∙ Voice: 484-321-1133 ∙ Skype: RBLevin ∙ http://www.rblevin.org

mark

Jun 21, 2014, 5:29:46 PM6/21/14
to pc...@googlegroups.com