can't post on forum

MG8...@aol.com

Nov 24, 2013, 8:41:59 AM11/24/13
to PC...@googlegroups.com
I somehow can't post a question on the computer forum. I'm not sure why, but here is my question

It's been quite a while that I've installed any new programs on my computer. It's a Dell desktop running win7 professional 64 bit. Everything else with the computer works as it should. I'm trying to install photoshop elements 9. It starts the install then a message box appears saying: error 1303. the installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory: C:\program data\adobe\elements\organizer\9.0\locale. The installation can not continue. log on as administrator or contact your system administrator." I went into explorer and gave admin full control, but still can't install photoshop. Same problem if I boot in safe mode or enable the secret administrator account. What can I do to so I have full control of my computer? Thanks

Mark

Bob Fox

Nov 24, 2013, 9:05:01 AM11/24/13
to pc...@googlegroups.com
Remove the program totally and reboot.

Download the program into any directory. Then right click the program and run it for installation with "administrative" priviledges.

Should work.

MG8...@aol.com

Nov 24, 2013, 9:11:17 AM11/24/13
to pc...@googlegroups.com
It's on an original cd and I tried right click,run as administrator and still get the same error message.
Mark

RBL

Nov 25, 2013, 8:33:56 AM11/25/13
to pc...@googlegroups.com
How old is the app?
> --

Via Gmail Mobile. Visit RBLevin.org.

Rich M

Nov 26, 2013, 8:34:57 AM11/26/13
to pc...@googlegroups.com, PC...@googlegroups.com
Mark,
The easiest way is to use System Restore back to before this problem started.
It is a registry issue and there are a few sites offering tools and I have no clue how safe they are as below, and the other thought is to run

MG8...@aol.com

Nov 26, 2013, 9:17:29 AM11/26/13
to pc...@googlegroups.com
I think I have it fixed. I went to Adobes help forums and searched for error 1303. I found a procedure to allow admim full control and the program appears to have installed. I didn't get the error message when installing photoshop, but I haven't actually tried using the program yet. Had to leave for work this morning.

Next question is: how could the permissions have gotten changed?