new MacOS partiview binary with some GUI bugs fixed

Stuart Levy

Aug 2, 2017, 3:09:21 AM8/2/17
to part...@googlegroups.com, Stuart Levy
Hello partiview users,

If you've been using partiview on MacOS, there's been an irritating bug for some time where the GUI mysteriously goes blank, but resizing the partiview window restores it.   I still don't understand the source of the bug, but building it with fltk-1.3.3 (exactly that version) seems to evade the problem.

There's a new partiview binary with that bug fix in it - and possibly some new bugs added:

    http://virdir.ncsa.illinois.edu/partiview/partiview_macosx64_os10.12_20170802.tar.gz

Details:

This was compiled on MacOS 10.12.6 (Sierra), with the environment variable setting
    MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.6
That *may* mean that this binary will work on older versions of MacOS, but I don't have a way to test that.   If anyone tries it, please let me know how it goes.

For some reason, compiling with the latest version of fltk, 1.3.4-1, partiview doesn't even start - it crashes immediately with an "Unlocking Focus on wrong view" exception in the Apple libraries.

     Stuart