Partiview performance on new laptop

Torval...@gmail.com

Aug 10, 2009, 1:34:56 PM8/10/09
to partiview
Hi All,

I just bought a new laptop and I was looking forward running Partiview
finally smoothly, even when handling big data sets. My new laptop is a
Sony Vaio, dual core, with a great 1GB graphics card, and 4GB of RAM.

To my disappointment however, the program still moves with jerks. I
guess partiview (or the laptop) is not utilizing the graphics card
properly. Are there any suggestions to fix this?

Thanks

Torvald Hessel

Peter Teuben

Aug 10, 2009, 1:45:46 PM8/10/09
to part...@googlegroups.com
a good test to run is the 'glxgears' program, whihc tests your graphics accelleration
capabilities. I should be many hundreds, if not > 1000.
You might possibly be using a simpler graphics driver. Nowadays the nouveau driver
for Nvidia cards is pretty good, but doesn't compare to the native nvidia driver.

peter

Torvald Hessel

Aug 10, 2009, 2:12:47 PM8/10/09
to part...@googlegroups.com
Hmmmm is there a Windows Vista version of that?

Thanks

Torvald
--
Torvald Hessel