Re: error on Windows7

Rob Lanfear

Jun 7, 2013, 3:09:21 PM6/7/13
to PartitionFinder, Brett Calcott
Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the information.

This looks like a bug we must have introduced in the last release. If possible, could you re-run your analysis adding '-v' to the commandline, and then send us the log.txt file that will be in the same directory as your configuration file. That will provide tons of debug output, and help us figure out how to fix the problem.

Note that your analysis may get past this point before the bug rears its head again. If your analysis finishes before you see the bug, I'd really appreciate it if you could run the analysis with '--force-restart' and '-v' until you see this problem again. Then send us the log.txt file.

In the mean time, we'll take a look at the code and see if we can figure out the issue.

If you're using the phyml version of partitionfinder, then one option is to go back to the older version for now, which you can get here:

Thanks, and thanks for your patience!

Rob

Rob

On 7 June 2013 14:00, Ryan Kepler <rmke...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I was able to get this working just fine on my Mac at home last night.  However when I test it out on the PC at work it doesn't run properly.  I can get through the program where it recognizes there are 8 cpus available, but then I get this message (posted below). Python is up to date for this OS (Windows 7).

Looking forward to seeing this work.  Thanks.

Ryan

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Ryan Kepler\Desktop\program.exe\PartitionFinderV1.1.0_Windows\PartitionFinder.py", line 23, in <module>sys.exit(main.main("PartitionFinder", "DNA"))
  File "C:\Users\Ryan Kepler\Desktop\program.exe\PartitionFinderV1.1.0_Windows\partfinder\main.py", line 334, in mainresults = anal.analyse()
  File "C:\Users\Ryan Kepler\Desktop\program.exe\PartitionFinderV1.1.0_Windows\partfinder\analysis.py", line 73, in analyse self.do_analysis()
  File "C:\Users\Ryan Kepler\Desktop\program.exe\PartitionFinderV1.1.0_Windows\partfinder\analysis_method.py", line 154, in do_analysis self.analyse_scheme(start_scheme)
  File "C:\Users\Ryan Kepler\Desktop\program.exe\PartitionFinderV1.1.0_Windows\partfinder\analysis.py", line 202, in analyse_scheme self.run_threaded(tasks)
  File "C:\Users\Ryan Kepler\Desktop\program.exe\PartitionFinderV1.1.0_Windows\partfinder\analysis.py", line 186, in run_threaded pool.join()
  File "C:\Users\Ryan Kepler\Desktop\program.exe\PartitionFinderV1.1.0_Windows\partfinder\threadpool.py", line 101, in join raise self.exception
WindowsError: [Error 32] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: '.\\analysis\\phylofiles\\8045cb441cd63277e91b389f6686c55c.phy_phyml_stats_TVM+I+G.txt'

Rob Lanfear
Research Fellow,
Ecology, Evolution, and Genetics,
Research School of Biology,
Australian National University

phone: +61 (0)2 6125 3611

www.robertlanfear.com

Rob Lanfear

Jun 11, 2013, 2:35:36 PM6/11/13
to PartitionFinder, Brett Calcott
Hi Ryan,

The issue is now fixed. I've tested the code on windows and mac machines. I could recreate the error, and the new code fixes it.

The new version (1.1.1) is available in the usual place:

Thanks again for bothering to get in touch. It's only through users that we are able to identify and fix issues like this.

As always, keep the bug reports and/or feature requests coming.

Cheers,

Rob