hotfix release proposal for Monday am

John Sirois

Nov 8, 2015, 6:50:37 PM11/8/15
to pants-devel
I'd like to do a release that has the `plugins` fix in https://rbcommons.com/s/twitter/r/3098/
Currently Medium and any other `plugins` user is blocked on 0.0.56 upgrade due to the issue that RB fixes.  In Medium's case, the release contains Go fixes that are desirable to get in ASAP to prevent backsliding in BUILD file quality in their repo.

If anyone objects, please speak up; otherwise I'll stage a release RB tomorrow am ~7am Mountain.

Stu Hood

Nov 8, 2015, 6:58:57 PM11/8/15
to John Sirois, pants-devel
No objection here, but note that https://rbcommons.com/s/twitter/r/3036/ will also land with that release, and it changes a few APIs.

Post 1.0.0, I think that we will almost certainly need to have short lived release branches in order to be able to address issues like this.

Eric Zundel Ayers

Nov 8, 2015, 9:55:22 PM11/8/15
to Stu Hood, John Sirois, pants-devel
Square needs that fix (and the other javadeps one I landed) too.

Eric Zundel Ayers

Nov 9, 2015, 8:06:48 AM11/9/15
to Stu Hood, John Sirois, pants-devel

Be advised I also landed https://rbcommons.com/s/twitter/r/3101/ last night which fixes a regression in handling --compile-zinc-clear-invalid-analysis