Why can't I view photos in Google Earth?

Byrnzie

Jul 4, 2013, 9:43:29 AM7/4/13
I can view my own photo's that I've uploaded with Panoramio, but I can't view any other photos on Google Earth. All I see is a white square appear and no photo. I've Googled this problem and noticed that many other people have the same problem, but I can find no solution.
By the way, I'm using a MacBook Pro.

papkassen

Jul 4, 2013, 9:45:59 AM7/4/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
try to restart GE, it helps by me

hvbemmel

Jul 4, 2013, 10:23:59 AM7/4/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Are the photos you see shown as Icons or as photos? I get the impression you made a kml file on your macbook by clicking "your photos in Google Earth" above your photos. These photos are only shown on your computer and are directly shown in Google Earth.

leaves us with the other photos that should be shown as little icons resembling a (square) photo.

Please elaborate if I´m right with the kml file, so we can narrow down the problem.

chris65

Jul 4, 2013, 10:43:22 AM7/4/13

On Thursday, July 4, 2013 9:40:30 AM UTC-4, Byrnzie wrote:
I can view my own photo's that I've uploaded with Panoramio, but I can't view any other photos on Google Earth. All I see is a white square appear and no photo. I've Googled this problem and noticed that many other people have the same problem, but I can find no solution.
By the way, I'm using a MacBook Pro.

It is a common problem. I had to revert to an earlier version of GE to fix it.

Byrnzie

Jul 5, 2013, 2:58:44 AM7/5/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
What version are you using? When I try to download older versions I get a message saying that it can't be downloaded because it's from an unknown developer.

Wim Constant

Jul 5, 2013, 7:01:41 AM7/5/13
Here you can find and download all the older (Windows-) versions of GE (from version 3.0.0762):

As far as I know they all work perfect.

Succes

Byrnzie

Byrnzie

hvbemmel

Jul 5, 2013, 6:05:05 AM7/5/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
please try these
https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/20124/google-earth

there are two links for older versions at the bottom

In Windows there is an advanced options when a file isn´t recognised. There you can ignore this message. I don´t know about mac.

Byrnzie

Jul 5, 2013, 7:49:16 AM7/5/13
Thanks, I downloaded both versions. One kept crashing, and the other has the same problem re the photos - I can't see them. When I click on the icons on GE all I get is a white box with the scroll bars on the right side, and bottom of the box, and the Panoramio logo on the left hand side.
I am using Firefox. Could it be that i need to install a plugin?

Byrnzie

Jul 7, 2013, 8:48:42 AM7/7/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com

Well, I still can't view any photo's other than my own in Google Earth.

Galatas ©

Jul 7, 2013, 11:37:45 AM7/7/13

On Sunday, July 7, 2013 1:48:42 PM UTC+1, Byrnzie wrote:

Well, I still can't view any photo's other than my own in Google Earth.

Have you got the Panoramio layer checked in the Left Pane ? Layers > Photos > Panoramio