Pandaboard ES Rev3 Booting problem solved ("Manually Format SD card" is Explained)

Sagar Patel

Oct 27, 2013, 3:48:30 AM10/27/13
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Hello

I was trying to boot Ubuntu 12.04 on Pandaboard ES Rev3. I was able to install image file on SD card. But when i plugged it on Pandaboard, it was not booting and black screen was appearing. To be precise, it was not able to boot Ubuntu 12.04 with conventional method.

I tried to format SD card with manual Heads, Cylinders and Heads with some calculated values. Finally, i am able to boot ubuntu 12.04 on Pandaboard. I also wrote documentation for that. You can check it on following link.

Setup SD Card For Ubuntu on Pandaboard.pdf

Khaled Abushkhadem

Mar 31, 2014, 2:32:12 PM3/31/14
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I have quastion about changing the geometrie of 16G/class 10.
Step by Step I have followed Your Skript.
AT the end I wrote W to save the changing.

After that I typed fdisk /dev/mmcblk0, in order to Check whether the new geomtrie (255,63,1930) is fixed. Unfurtnatley I find the old geometrie (160,12,1600).

my quastion Why the new geomtrie will Not be saved? I usw Debian 7.1