Problem running Qt5 cross compiled application on PandaboardES

Ronak

Aug 10, 2014, 3:53:19 AM8/10/14
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Facing multiple problems running Qt application.

I have cross-compiled simple Qt application for Pandaboard. While running application on Pandaboard application doesn't run and gives following error.

EGLFS: Failed to open /dev/fb0
libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to authenticate
Cannot open keyboard input device '/dev/input/event1': Permission denied
Failed to open keyboard
Cannot open keyboard input device '/dev/input/event2': Permission denied
Failed to open keyboard
Cannot open mouse input device '/dev/input/event2': Permission denied
Failed to open mouse
EGL Error : Could not create the egl surface: error = 0x3003

Aborted (core dumped)

Configuration Details:
  1. Ubuntu 12.04 LTS pre-built image downloaded from Ubuntu website.
  2. No TI OMAP4 addons installed.
  3. Qt5 v5.3.1 cross-compiled on Host system and libraries available on Target (Pandaboard)
  4. Qt5 is cross compiled with QPAs eglfs, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, xcb.
Observations:
  1. Errors marked bold are resolved by running with root privileges, however errors in normal texts are not gone even after running with root privileges.
  2. Running application with "sudo ./SampleUI -platform xcb" shows up the UI, however error "libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to authenticate" still persist.
  3. Tried Qt patch at this link, but same error and seems to be applicable to Qt5.1 and there is some difference in code with v5.3.1.
  4. I suspected this could be because TI OMAP4 add-ons are not installed, so went ahead and installed addons, but it uninstalled ubuntu-desktop and after restart there is no UI available, just a console.
Questions:
  1. How to resolved EGL error?
  2. How to get back UI after installing OMAP4 addons.?

​​Your help in this regard is highly appreciated.​​
​​

--
​​

Th
​​
anks

Ronak Vashi

Zain Ijaz

Nov 2, 2014, 10:37:31 PM11/2/14
to panda...@googlegroups.com
HEY,

Did you manage to achieve it as I am also working on it. Please let me know what steps you followed.

Regards,
Zain

Ronak

Nov 3, 2014, 12:04:52 AM11/3/14
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

​I couldn't fix OpenEGL issues, but could manage to run Qt cross compiled application with xcb platform.​ For this Qt must be compiled with xcb support
Then, application need to be run as;  "./<app> -platform xcb

I will be able to share detailed steps in few days(3-4) as they are not well documented, all in my mind only as of now :)
Meanwhile you can start with following links: (They are not specific to Pandaboard but I started from here as reference)

Hope this would help

Thanks
Ronak Vashi

Zain Ijaz

Nov 3, 2014, 1:10:13 PM11/3/14
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Thank you.

Ronak

Nov 11, 2014, 11:03:37 AM11/11/14
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Sorry for delayed response, check this link "http://stufffortechie.blogspot.in/2014/11/cross-compile-qt-v531-pandaboard-es.html". I have mentioned steps in detail. Do comment / provide feedback on contents :)