Empty in omap_mux

Atif Sabri

Sep 21, 2015, 9:33:20 PM9/21/15
to pandaboard
hello,

anybody can help me..

I can't to configure or interface with the gpio such as in below video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co85WsgLtto

I can't change the mode of GPIO,

i need to use this GPIO for my project,

My pandaboard version is Pandaboard es rev b3 (4460)

and my Ubuntu version is Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS trusty.

anyone can help me out of this problem?

Andrés Torti

Sep 21, 2015, 10:55:19 PM9/21/15
to pandaboard
If you see an empty omap_mux folder, yep, you can't use that method. New linux kernels use Device Tree Overlays to configure MUX, I'm also trying to get it working. So you have two options, use Device Tree Overlays or use an older Ubuntu like 12.04.

Atif Sabri

Sep 22, 2015, 4:41:08 AM9/22/15
to pandaboard
How can i use the device tree overlays??
Can u attach me something??

Andrés Torti

Sep 22, 2015, 12:36:38 PM9/22/15
to pandaboard
Yes, this what I have until now https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/pandaboard/fUYVwDzwySY, but I'm stuck waiting for some help too

Andrés Torti

Sep 22, 2015, 3:46:54 PM9/22/15
to pandaboard
I solved it in my case to change the MUX for UART4, see the answer https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/pandaboard/fUYVwDzwySY/spur7WItBQAJ

Atif Sabri

Sep 23, 2015, 2:06:06 PM9/23/15
to pandaboard
Use of UART4 is same like MUX??

I dont get it. Can u give me step by step. Because I new user of this pandaboard.

Andrés Torti

Sep 23, 2015, 2:24:43 PM9/23/15
to pandaboard
My problem was I couldn't use UART4 because I needed to configure MUX, in that post I explain how to setup the MUX, it's not trivial but is doable. Otherwise using something like Ubuntu 12.04 and omap_mux is the easy way.