learning about multiprocessing on pandaboard

Kristoff Bonne

Feb 19, 2013, 10:28:46 AM2/19/13
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I'm interested to learn a bit about distributed processing and -more
specific- about things like SIMD (neon), GPUs, DSP-processors and how to
these kind of processors differ from the normal CPUs.

This morning, on the train to work, I have been watching some
presentations on openGL. I already have read about syslink.

So, as the OMAP4430 has both a GPU and an additional DSP core, the
pandaboard looks to be a nice platform to play around with this. There
probably is no better way to know what a processor looks like, then
writing some code on it.

Can somebody provide information on how to use opencl or the GPUs on the
pandaboard?

It does not have to be to complex. This is just for "learning" purposes.

Cheerio! Kr. Bonne.

Sulav Lal Shrestha

Oct 7, 2015, 8:20:42 AM10/7/15
to pandaboard
I wish someone had replied. I wanted to learn about it too.