Pandaboard found shutdown - multiple occurances

Sn3akyP3t3

Apr 5, 2014, 1:53:30 PM4/5/14
to panda...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure how to identify the cause of this, but I've found my Pandaboard shutdown multiple times in the past months.  Most recent is last night after only 10 or so hours since I last worked with it and I left it in a running state.  There are no power disruptions and it is in a locked room so not likely it was fiddled with.  When I find it in this state STATUS1 and STATUS2 are both consistently dark.  I don't know what power state that represents, but hitting the onboard PWRON_RESET button brings it back to life.

I'm checking into cron jobs and shutdown logs for the time being, but I'd like advice or if someone has experienced this before I'd like to know how to keep this board alive without it shutting down or going to sleep.

Pandaboard ES
Ubuntu Server 13.10

Sn3akyP3t3

Apr 8, 2014, 4:07:31 PM4/8/14
to panda...@googlegroups.com

I think I found reason why the pandaboard was unavailable and why the lights turn off!  Sadly it looks to be suffering from some sort of failure.  Any suggestions?

Tom Mitchell

Apr 8, 2014, 5:50:04 PM4/8/14
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Google _dabt_svc arm or __dabt_svc arm
I see two links in my top ten...

This tells me that a kernel  update  (or revert to  older) is in order.  An update is the easy thing
to do and explore.    Reading the notes there is some interaction with fast interrupts
involving networking.  Since I have an OLD 10baseT network hub I might connect
100baseT traffic to the slow hub and then to the PandaB as a work around.

You do have stack info in your screen shot and the running kernel so do a bit
of debugging and unwind the pile on the stack.   The problem may be deeper
in the stack (or time) and the last couple symbols (functions) on the stack
are simply bystanders that witness the problem and pulled the fire-alarm.

  T o m    M i t c h e l l

Sn3akyP3t3

Apr 17, 2014, 5:35:11 PM4/17/14
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Tom.  Unfortunately, the Pandaboard is connected to an unmanaged switch so I can't control the Duplex or Speed.  I could take it off wired and put it on wireless, but I think instead I'll accept defeat and migrate to 14.04.  I've been waiting for the release and this will hopefully side step this issue.  I appreciate your help!  I wasn't expecting to have to troubleshoot hardware when I set this unit up, but it's a learning experience at the expense of non-existing time :)