I want to purchase panda board

sujesh.k.p Kp

Mar 18, 2014, 6:31:37 AM3/18/14
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
   I want to purchase panda board, But I need hardware peripheral , camera, touch scrren, display, and any law cost usb device( not general purpose
usb device(like , key board, mouse, or mass storage device.), with all drivers and application, any body can tell me form where I will get all the thisngs.

Regards,
Sujesh

Chuck McManis

Apr 1, 2014, 11:21:54 AM4/1/14
to panda...@googlegroups.com
I am not sure why you want to purchase a Panda board which none of those other things you want are available and the chip manufacturer (TI) has abandoned it. There are many different ARM based boards you might buy that are supported by the manufacturer but Panda isn't one of them.

Chuck McManis

Apr 1, 2014, 11:58:28 AM4/1/14
to panda...@googlegroups.com
I just read about this Intel board http://linuxgizmos.com/intel-unveils-tiny-x86-minnowboard-max-open-sbc/ it would be a much better choice I think. Everything you mention is available for it, supported by the manufacturer (Intel), and all technical questions can be answered by dozens of people on Stack Overflow, pretty much the ideal starting point for your project.

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 3:31 AM, sujesh.k.p Kp <suje...@gmail.com> wrote:

Tom Mitchell

Apr 1, 2014, 3:50:03 PM4/1/14
to panda...@googlegroups.com
The new minnowboard-max is expected to be available June/July '14
Sadly power 5VDC does not compute as that is only voltage.
--
  T o m    M i t c h e l l

LioricZ3 .

Apr 1, 2014, 5:43:37 PM4/1/14
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Well, you have Tegra K1 (5 cores, kepler GPU, more graphic power than a PS3. I will go with this for my next project) or ODroid XU (8 cores, cheaper than a PandaBoard. Using on current projects) if you want top of the line computing power in ARM package

Lioric