industrial project

acal...@bmti-alcen.com

Mar 18, 2014, 6:47:45 AM3/18/14
to panda...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

I plan to use an ARM single-board computer in an industrial project.

Therefore, I need some information about the pandaboard:

-Sustainability and long-term availability

-operating temperature range

Also, does the pandaboard officially support a LCD touchscreen (7 or 10 inches)?

In this case, I also need the screen’s information about sustainability and mechanical impact resistance.

Regards,

Bhupendra Pawar

Apr 2, 2014, 12:44:22 AM4/2/14
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have seen, for the long run Panda board overheats. You can search
about overheating of pandaboard, may be you have to use heat-sink.
Touchscreen are available for panda board, One of my friend was able
to run DSI interface LCD with Pandaboard.
For more information please go through the user manual of Pandaboard
available on pandaboard.org.

Br,
Bhupendra Pawar

Tom Mitchell

Apr 2, 2014, 7:20:01 PM4/2/14
to panda...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 3:47 AM, <acal...@bmti-alcen.com> wrote:

Hello,

I plan to use an ARM single-board computer in an industrial project.

Therefore, I need some information about the pandaboard:

-Sustainability and long-term availability

At this point I suspect the pandaboard is getting a bit dated.
Depending on your needs you may need to contact one of the board
builders.  It is a reference design and well enough documented
that you could build your own if the volume demanded.

Myself I would consider looking at the beaglebone black again
well enough documented that you can build your own if needed.
None have a directly supported LED/LCD display although all
have had one or more interfaced to them.

There are a number of android tablets out there that are inexpensive
enough to crack open and see what is under the hood.  The industrial
bit implies hardened IO lines and more...   do your homework.

--
  T o m    M i t c h e l l