Building Linux Full custom Image For Pandaboard ES Rev B2

marv...@gmail.com

Mar 30, 2015, 8:13:40 AM3/30/15
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Can any one provide links to source and documents to build Linux Full new custom image for Panda board ES Rev B2.

I try ed with many sources avilable but none of them are stable or not properly building or so.

Appreciate for the answer.

Thank You.

Allan Granados

Mar 30, 2015, 8:59:53 PM3/30/15
to panda...@googlegroups.com
HI,

You can try using the yocto project to build your custom image.

Use the layer meta-ti and add it, then choose pandaboard as the machine and then construct it.

http://www.crashcourse.ca/wiki/index.php/OE_Yocto_pages

https://maniacbug.wordpress.com/2012/08/03/pandayocto/

I use the master for poky and master for meta-ti and both are working with no much problem

Regards
--Allan Grandos

marv...@gmail.com

Mar 31, 2015, 10:07:04 AM3/31/15
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Hi Allan,

Thanks for quick replay, i try ed yocto on Panda board as well with Wandboard. had some problems to create Yocto full image.

I mean like pre-build images for pandaboard from Ubuntu.  This image is very stable.

This image does not detect new devices as there are no drivers or modules..
So, need to build custom image.
Any idea about sources from github? or any other sources?

Thank you.

Allan Granados

Mar 31, 2015, 9:27:53 PM3/31/15
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Im not to much into using ubuntu or pre-build images, so if what you are looking for is pre-build images I cant help you, sorry.

By other hand, using yocto, are you including the modules on your image? Yocto can include the modules is you instruct it by IMAGE_INSTALL_append = "kernel-modules": for example, I manage to connect a usb uvc camera, also some interaction with the wifi so not sure what you are telling by no modules drivers or modules detected. In yocto as it is a custom image if you not include it it will not be there.
If you are adding new drivers so you need to modify the recipes and do more fun stuff to it.

If you are not to familiar with yocto I recommend to you to:

1. Create the build directory
2. Source the Yocto script to prepare environment
3. Run Hob, this will let you to configure your image, add the meta layers you want to use
4. Select the machine and the recipes to build, use core-image-minimal initially
5. Select to create your image.

Regards
--Allan

marv...@gmail.com

Mar 31, 2015, 11:17:10 PM3/31/15
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I mean to say is, to create a custom image similar to pre-build image. But not pre-build images.

I have created a Yocto image before but not stable like pre-build images.
Yocto image, apt-get command cannot work or very difficult to install from repositories.
Some times icon on desktop get crashed or never open after many click or so.

Thank You.

s.rawat

Apr 17, 2015, 12:05:35 AM4/17/15
to pandaboard