Re: Compiling error from AOSP branch

Dennis D

Jul 24, 2012, 2:40:13 AM7/24/12
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Just to share how this problem solved.

I finally managed to build, excluded the CtsVerifier from build process.

android should be able to run without CtsVerifier ( http://source.android.com/compatibility/cts-intro.html). Going to make image for this. crossing finger.

By the way, I suspect there is bugs here in CtsVerifier(please don't release bugs..). maybe not. Anyhow I built using jdk 1.6_024 as shown in my compile process.

hope this will help anyone that see this problem.

On Friday, 20 July 2012 14:42:25 UTC+8, Dennis D wrote:
Hi all,

following the guide from this ICS AOSP
I get the following errors during filesytem compilation.
I never compile Android File Sytem before, this is the 1st time I did.
My target board is Pandaboard 4460.
Actually I just need a prebuilt image for my 4460, can use prebuilt AFS image from b-labs then using the kernel that I compile from http://omappedia.org/wiki/4AI.1.4_OMAP4_Icecream_Sandwich_Panda_Notes?
If possible do I need to change anything?

Copy: out/target/product/panda/system/etc/firmware/fm_tx_ch8_1273.2.bts
Copy: out/target/product/panda/system/etc/apns-conf.xml
build/tools/merge-event-log-tags.py:29: DeprecationWarning: the md5 module is deprecated; use hashlib instead
  import md5
Copying: out/target/product/panda/obj/NOTICE_FILES/src/kernel.txt
Notice file: frameworks/base/cmds/am/NOTICE -- out/target/product/panda/obj/NOTICE_FILES/src/bin/am.txt
Finding NOTICE files: out/target/product/panda/obj/NOTICE_FILES/hash-timestamp
Combining NOTICE files: out/target/product/panda/obj/NOTICE.html
target Java: CtsVerifier (out/target/common/obj/APPS/CtsVerifier_intermediates/classes)
cts/apps/CtsVerifier/src/com/android/cts/verifier/PassFailButtons.java:191: onCreateDialog(int,android.os.Bundle) in android.app.Activity cannot implement onCreateDialog(int,android.os.Bundle) in com.android.cts.verifier.PassFailButtons.PassFailActivity; attempting to assign weaker access privileges; was public
    private static <T extends android.app.Activity & PassFailActivity>
                    ^
Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
1 error
make: *** [out/target/common/obj/APPS/CtsVerifier_intermediates/classes-full-debug.jar] Error 41
weichons@weichons-laptop:/media/HDD3/mydroid$

Dennis

Jul 30, 2012, 4:10:31 AM7/30/12
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Just to share some update based on the following link:

http://omappedia.org/wiki/4AI.1.4_OMAP4_Icecream_Sandwich_Panda_Notes#Preparing_images

there is no "panda" under this folder out/target/product/$BOARD_TYPE anything I missed that no creating this? or when I compile there will be one?

HEEEEEEEEEEELPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Parul Aggarwal

Jul 30, 2012, 5:07:48 AM7/30/12
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Out folder is created on compilation. When you compile the code for panda you should get the panda folder in out.

Thanks,

Joshi, Vikas

Jul 31, 2012, 1:35:00 AM7/31/12
to panda...@googlegroups.com

You can use a pre-built image at: http://releases.linaro.org/12.07/android/leb-panda/

There are instructions here to build it yourself in case you want to do that.

Also look at: https://wiki.linaro.org/Platform/Android/CompileAndRunAOSPICS for building from source.

Instead of following the URL you mentioned below try following http://www.omappedia.org/wiki/OMAP_Android_Main

Vikas

Atta Ur Rehman

Aug 31, 2015, 4:17:32 AM8/31/15
to pandaboard
HOw you managed to exclude CtsVerifier? I mean how to build without getting these error.
Guide us through the steps please