How to root the PandaBoard ???

TieMichael

Oct 23, 2014, 5:28:40 AM10/23/14
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
after searching the web back and forth and still not finding answer, I want to ask the experts:

What I found and tried:
Changes in  init.rc:
1)
service console /system/bin/sh
    class core
    console
    disabled
    user root
    group root
2)
on post-fs
    mount rootfs rootfs / rw remount

I de-compiled and re-compiled the boot.img and testing (via 'adb pull /init.rc') confirms the changes are in. Everything is running as per normal.
After 'adb root' and 'adb remount' I have full root-access from a PC, so it seems like everything is ok.

Starting apps which require root-access, complain that no root-access is possible.
Installing SuperSu.apk tries to update a binary (/system/bin/su ?) - but fails.

Any idea, what is missing????

Thank you
Michael

BTW: I am running Android 4.0.4