linux 3.14 GPMC changes break my kernel module

benjamin davis

Apr 28, 2014, 9:15:48 AM4/28/14
to panda...@googlegroups.com
I have a custom module that uses the GPMC driver and it loads/runs fine under 3.13.10 kernel.  As soon as I update to the 3.14 or 3.15 kernel it no longer runs.  Part of the problem is clearly my kernel hacks to support the GPMC FCK by modifying omap44xx_clock.c which has apparently been removed.

We are now back to the old can't find clock error in the gpmc driver.

Is there a documented migration path regarding the kernel modifications WRT GPMC at the 3.14 kernel?

Cheers,
Benjamin

Jonathan Piat

Mar 2, 2015, 3:39:24 AM3/2/15
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

i'am also struggling to get the GPMC to work on the Beaglebone black for 3.14 (with device-tree). Did you find a solution for your problem ? I'am not sure my problem is clock related, but it can be.

Regards,

Jonathan Piat