Hey, PANDA users! Got a minute to help us make PANDA better?

Brian Boyer

Sep 10, 2013, 1:12:08 PM9/10/13
to panda-pro...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

We're getting the PANDA team together next month, to work on a new release, and to heavily revise our marketing pitch. And your answers to these two questions would be super helpful!

1) Does your news organization use PANDA? (And is it okay if we say so on our website?)

2) If you could pick one thing to fix about PANDA, what would it be?

Thank you!

wm higgins

Oct 4, 2013, 5:03:09 PM10/4/13
to panda-pro...@googlegroups.com
The Tampa Bay Times (feel free to use our name) is using PANDA as a data store for:

Regional voter registration data
A newsmakers collection of 55K names, which is matched hourly against arrests in six counties
statewide list of law enforcement personnel
Reader letters (published and unpublished)
State license data (CPAs, pilots, veternarians)

The letters and newsmakers datasets are updated via cron jobs that hit the PANDA api

Despite my person enthusiasm for this app, I'm still having trouble getting people to use it. I don't understand it -- it's such a friendly and useful resource.

2) Make it work in Firefox (currently hides search results, at least for us).

bh

daniel....@gmail.com

Oct 4, 2013, 7:30:40 PM10/4/13
to panda-pro...@googlegroups.com
The ffox issue should be patched in the new release.

Sent from my iPhone

w higgins

Oct 4, 2013, 8:16:13 PM10/4/13
to panda-pro...@googlegroups.com
thanks, daniel. couldn't tell if your ffox issue was the same as mine.