PANDA java dependency

17 переглядів
Перейти до першого непрочитаного повідомлення

Serdar Tumgoren

не прочитано,
17 бер. 2014 р., 17:53:4817.03.14
Кому: panda-pro...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,
Quick question about the java dependency. The panda setup shell script calls for Java 1.6 (openjdk-6-jdk), but some cursory googling makes it sound like we'd be okay running solr 3.4 on java 1.7 (openjdk-7-jdk). This newer version is preferable for us because it's provisioned and active on our machines to support another application.

We're hoping to use that same java version for panda without having to support multiple side-by-side java installs. Is it possible to use java 1.7 for panda or would we be stepping into a hidden landmine with solr or some other part of panda stack that might require java 1.6?

Serdar

Christopher Groskopf

не прочитано,
17 бер. 2014 р., 18:01:5517.03.14
Кому: panda-pro...@googlegroups.com
I honestly don't know the answer to this one. My best guess is it won't matter at all, but I've never even tried to use anything other than the version in the docs, so the only way to know is to try.

Serdar Tumgoren

не прочитано,
17 бер. 2014 р., 19:08:0517.03.14
Кому: panda-pro...@googlegroups.com
Ok, no worries. We'll ask forgiveness instead of permission :)

Will let you know how it turns out. Thanks!!

S.
Відповісти всім
Відповісти автору
Переслати