After Install Panda I can't login with admin password

Rogério Ceni Coelho

Nov 21, 2013, 12:00:25 PM11/21/13
to panda-pro...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone !

I install Panda today on my own Ubuntu 12.04 Server and everything seems to be fine. I create an admin user with email Tecnolog...@gruporbs.com and password bd9OFneHLszS  . But when i try to login using admin page user and password does not work.

There is any way to change or reset the password if i can not log in on Panda Server ?

I have root acesse to the server, so there is any manual way to change or reset the user ?

Thanks.

Rogério Ceni Coelho

Nov 21, 2013, 12:10:01 PM11/21/13
to panda-pro...@googlegroups.com
Sorry ! I already find the way ...

gruporbs@pandavm:/opt/panda$ sudo -u panda -E python manage.py createsuperuser
Username (leave blank to use 'panda'):
E-mail address: rogerio...@gruporbs.com.br
Password:
Password (again):
Superuser created successfully.
gruporbs@pandavm:/opt/panda$

Thanks anyway.

On Thursday, November 21, 2013 3:00:25 PM UTC-2, Rogério Ceni Coelho wrote:
Hi Everyone !

I install Panda today on my own Ubuntu 12.04 Server and everything seems to be fine. I create an admin user with email TecnologiaEscopo6@gruporbs.com and password bd9OFneHLszS  . But when i try to login using admin page user and password does not work.

w higgins

Nov 21, 2013, 12:13:08 PM11/21/13
to panda-pro...@googlegroups.com
this should work:

cd /opt/panda/
sudo -u panda python manage.py shell
u = User.objects.get(username="[USER EMAIL HERE")
u.set_password("[NEW PASSWORD HERE]")
u.save()

Rogério Ceni Coelho

Nov 21, 2013, 12:47:31 PM11/21/13
to panda-pro...@googlegroups.com
Thanks.

I think the original problem was with the first web page after install that ask about email and password. The email I use have more than 30 positions and when i try to login on admin page with email TecnologiaEscopo6@gruporbs.com the admin page complains about more than 30 digits.

Take a look on the attachment.

page1.jpg
page2.jpg

wm higgins

Nov 21, 2013, 1:39:58 PM11/21/13
to panda-pro...@googlegroups.com
ah. panda uses emails as usernames, but django's default username field is limited to 30 chars (not the default 75 applied to email fields).
that should probably be addressed in a feature request.

On Thursday, November 21, 2013 12:47:31 PM UTC-5, Rogério Ceni Coelho wrote:
Thanks.

I think the original problem was with the first web page after install that ask about email and password. The email I use have more than 30 positions ...

wm higgins

Nov 21, 2013, 8:53:15 PM11/21/13
to panda-pro...@googlegroups.com
it doesn't appear you need this, but i noticed i left out the import of the User model in my first post. here's the complete sequence:

cd /opt/panda/
sudo -u panda python manage.py shell
from django.contrib.auth.models import User
u = User.objects.get(username="[USER EMAIL HERE")
u.set_password("[NEW PASSWORD HERE]")
u.save()

Rogério Ceni Coelho

Nov 22, 2013, 5:37:11 AM11/22/13
to panda-pro...@googlegroups.com
Hi Higgins,

Thanks anyway.

Christopher Groskopf

Nov 24, 2013, 9:32:24 AM11/24/13
to panda-pro...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys, this sounds like like a bug. (We override the username
character limit in PANDA.) I've logged it here
https://github.com/pandaproject/panda/issues/930 and I'll try to look
into it soon.

Christopher Groskopf

Nov 24, 2013, 9:52:39 AM11/24/13
to panda-pro...@googlegroups.com
Rogério, I've been unable to replicate your original. I successfully created an admin account with a 56 character email address and was able to login. Are you running the latest version? 1.1.0?

I did however replicate your admin login issue and have ticketed for a fix.

Best,
Chris