customize PANDA look n feel

Gil

Nov 2, 2014, 6:50:12 PM11/2/14
to panda-pro...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Is there a way to customize the look and feel of a PANDA. Deployed on EC2 by following the docs install-guide.

Thank you.

Gil

Nov 2, 2014, 7:31:23 PM11/2/14
to panda-pro...@googlegroups.com
I am looking to use PANDA as a portal for datasets. Access is open to the public. Would be optimal if I can customize the look and feel a bit and enable anonymous access (to view/download )

Brian Boyer

Nov 2, 2014, 7:37:04 PM11/2/14
to panda-pro...@googlegroups.com
Hey, Gil. That's not what PANDA was built for, but it's certainly possible. The big caveat is that PANDA is not optimized for many concurrent users. It was built with the idea that no more than a couple dozen people would be using it at once. Also, it's like a wiki -- anyone can edit. So you'd need to change it pretty significantly to give different classes of users different levels of access. That said, if you don't expect a lot of users, and don't mind making some pretty big code changes, this use case is one that many folks have requested. I'd read the development docs, and fork the code. http://panda.readthedocs.org/en/latest/local_development.html Hope this helps. b

Gil A

Nov 2, 2014, 9:04:43 PM11/2/14
to panda-pro...@googlegroups.com
thanks Brian!

_________________________

Gil Allouche | My Page

Serdar Tumgoren

Nov 3, 2014, 12:02:16 PM11/3/14
to panda-pro...@googlegroups.com
Hey Gil,
If PANDA isn't quite the right fit, you might want to check out CKAN:

Serdar

Brian Boyer

Nov 3, 2014, 11:11:48 PM11/3/14
to panda-pro...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, CKAN is probably a better solution.