Updating/replacing existing records?

Mike Stucka

Apr 18, 2016, 4:01:43 PM4/18/16
to panda-pro...@googlegroups.com
Folks,

I should know the answer to this, but I can't even find it.

Is there a way to replace existing datasets, preferably in a way that keeps indexes set up the same way, keeps the same endpoints, all that?

There's a few things I can update daily (e.g., sex offender registry) and others monthly (e.g., voter records) but I won't do it all manually.

Mike

--
26.58584, -80.16876 icbm
“A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history, with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.” -- Mitch Ratcliffe

Justin Myers

Apr 18, 2016, 4:24:06 PM4/18/16
to panda-pro...@googlegroups.com
The API import tutorial talks about this. Gets a bit specific in places, and I'm not sure it covers a way to do it without the API, but hopefully it helps: http://panda.readthedocs.org/en/1.1.1/api_tutorial.html#the-problem-of-synchronization

Justin Myers
News automation editor
The Associated Press

Mobile: 417-459-1280

Mike Stucka

Apr 18, 2016, 4:36:08 PM4/18/16
to panda-pro...@googlegroups.com
I'ma gonna smack myself on the forehead a few more times. Thanks, man. Somehow I missed that:

Looks like if you don't have unique identifiers and/or don't want old data to remain, you can truncate:
DELETE http://localhost:8000/api/1.0/dataset/[slug]/data/

I think this may work beautifully. I owe you a tasty beverage.

Mike