Problem with optimized images calculation savings

gk...@inviqa.com

Feb 5, 2016, 6:04:27 AM2/5/16
to pagespeed-insights-discuss
Hi guys
I am noticing that when we check pages then PS reports that we have to optimize images and say we can get a saving of 120Kb - the problem is the image in question is 120kb -which makes me think there is a bug.

Anyone else notice this.. ? I have shared as feedback.

Salaba

Feb 23, 2016, 1:17:52 PM2/23/16
to pagespeed-ins...@googlegroups.com
You might be serving a full image as a thumbnail size image, so optimized size can be less than 1KB. The saving can be round up as the same 120KB.