Strict Image Optimisation Issue

28 просмотров

Matthew Pickles

не прочитано,
19 мая 2017 г., 12:32:2119.05.2017
– pagespeed-insights-discuss
I am still receiving instructions to Optimize Images, despite having already downloaded and optimised my website's images through both JpegMini and tinyjpg.com.

For reference, the website in question is https://www.musicmaestros.pro.

I have also noticed this occurring on a lot of websites I manage. It seems Google is being overly strict on how heavily an image should be compressed. In some cases there are 2kb files that can apparently be reduced by around 90%, which is totally unrealistic and unachievable.

Does anyone have any other tips on how to meets Google's standard for image optimisation? Or if this is simply an error in how Google reads file sizes?

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

Rick Steinwand

не прочитано,
19 мая 2017 г., 13:30:2119.05.2017
– pagespeed-insights-discuss
Last June, a friend recommended I try TinyJpg/Png, Since other optimization sites complained my jpgs were not progressive encoded, I saved my jpeg's with progressive encoding and uploaded to tinyjpg.

I have not had to change a thing and my images are still good, while other PSI users complain about recent PSI image changes.

I haven't used JPEGmini or PNGGauntlet or any other image optimization program since.
Ответить всем
Отправить сообщение автору
Переслать
0 новых сообщений