What are the Maths used by Google to determine the perfect optimzed image ?

Marc André

Jun 29, 2015, 6:14:10 PM6/29/15
to pagespeed-ins...@googlegroups.com
Hello guys,

I was wondering what is the algorithm, the formula, the maths behind telling us that this image has to be optimized or not ? Including compression ratio especially in jpeg for a certain picture size.
Because I have tried to do a manual approach, but I don’t know if my optmized image will be ’enough’ optimized for Goggle Insights PageSpeed.

Does anyone know something ?

I would like to stop coming back and forth with my tools to wait for the ultimate judgment....

Best regards,

Marc