KILOBYTES of savings? Really?

Jim Kinney

Nov 16, 2017, 10:56:54 PM11/16/17
to pagespeed-insights-discuss
Seems like a twisted joke to me that a the speed test makes such a big deal over 47% reduction of a SVG file that saves me 15 kilobytes.  The only service I could find that would shrink SVG files had to be done one at a time which was very time consuming.  I would like to suggest the algorithm needs to be adjusted

Jim Kinney

Nov 16, 2017, 11:01:45 PM11/16/17
to pagespeed-insights-discuss
Here's another example.  Client is a restaurant and gets a badge from tripadvisor that tells people they're highly rated on tripadvisor.  Insights tell me that this image should be optimized even though its hosted on another server and the the saving is 1.3 KiB (microscopic).  See attachment.
Screen Shot 2017-11-16 at 7.49.57 PM.png