A couple of Size Tap Target bugs

John

Oct 20, 2016, 2:05:09 AM10/20/16
to pagespeed-insights-discuss
I was struggling to solve quite a few "Size Tap Target" warnings and found the following two bugs within PageSpeed...

1.  I have a menu system, ul, within a nav element for the desktop version of my site which is hidden by CSS with display:none via a media query.  I was getting Size Tap Target warnings on this menu despite being hidden.  I had to also put display:none on the ul, despite its parent container already having a display:none.  I think this is a bug since the parent container is already hidden, all children elements are hidden and therefore these cannot be tap targets in the first place.

2.  I have a form containing several input elements.  I was getting Size Tap Target warnings on the input elements against their parent form container.  This is silly since the form element is not a tap target.  The whole problem was caused by setting the padding to zero on the form container.  Once I put a minimal amount of padding on the form element, all tap target warnings went away.  Again, I believe this is a bug since padding on the form element has no bearing on the spacing of the child input elements within, nor do these child elements visually interfere with the parent form element even when its padding is zero.