Javascripts don't block rendering anymore?

kuhn...@googlemail.com

Jul 20, 2016, 10:52:07 AM7/20/16
to pagespeed-insights-discuss, nils...@iteratec.de
Hi experts,

I have tested the german online shop https://www.cnouch.de:

Under Should Fix Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content I got the following two stylesheets:
In my understanding these javascripts will block building of render tree as well. They should be loaded at least at bottom of the body if not later after window.load if possible. Is that not right anymore because browsers use speculative parsing so heavily or am I missing something?
Why insights just lists the stylesheets?

Regards, Nils
Message has been deleted

Bobby

Jul 22, 2016, 12:59:56 PM7/22/16
to pagespeed-insights-discuss, nils...@iteratec.de
I have seen one fix cause another problem to be mentioned...and I've wondered why the problem wasn't reported before...

Maybe try eliminating the blocking css and see if PSI then says to eliminate the js?