Broken Page Speed links and incorrect analysis

Desolo SubHumus

Aug 31, 2015, 11:12:59 AM8/31/15
to pagespeed-insights-discuss
Overall, this is a great tool, but is anyone else having the same issues as me?

1) Both the 'Send Feedback' link in the footer and the 'Send feedback' link in the middle paragraph just above the footer link to the pagespeed-insights page you are already on and re-run your analysis in a second tab.  Neither allows you to send feedback.

2) After optimizing all images (mobile and desktop tabs, both mobile sections) and running the analysis again the next day (far more than the minimum 30 seconds recommended on the analysis page), 'Optimize images' still shows up in the warnings and errors.  Shouldn't it be moved to 'passed rules' once it's been fixed, just like anything else that is fixed?

On a side note, if the Google Analytics script is supposed to go over the </head> tag according to Google Developers and to Universal Analytics (analytics.js), should we still get an error message for that script that says 'Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript in above-the-fold content'?  In fact, hasn't the idea of above-the-fold content gone the way of the dodo in terms of websites?  This isn't a newspaper; people scroll by default these days.  If this is still an issue, shouldn't the instructions for the script allow for it to be placed at the end of the page?  And for that matter, shouldn't we be able to keep CSS (even external CSS) in it's proper place at the top of the page, before the </head> tag and the content and not have to move it to the end of the page, just before the closing </body> tag?

If the analysis ditched the need for all imported files (CSS and analytics.js) and correctly showed that optimized images were fixed, I'd have 100% across the board instead of 76% - 85%.  It makes that much of a scoring difference.  No, I won't win a cookie for getting 100%, but I'd like it if I didn't have to possibly risk page rank penalties in the future, if Google ever decides to use the results as part of their SEO/Page Rank algorithm.

Desolo SubHumus

Aug 31, 2015, 8:38:59 PM8/31/15
to pagespeed-insights-discuss
This is what happens before I get coffee in the morning...

I meant:

If the analysis ditched the need for all imported files (CSS and analytics.js) to be at the end of the page, causing a flash of unstyled content, and correctly showed that optimized images were fixed, I'd have 100% across the board instead of 76% - 85%.